Adding the Tool within a Course
The Tool can be added to each course by the LMS Administrator or by a faculty member. Follow the below instructions to add the Tool.
- Navigate to the course which will contain the LTI Tool.
- In the course menu, select “Content”.
- Select a module into which the Tool will be placed. If no such module exists, please create a module called “BryteWave Course Materials” into which to place the Tool.
- Select the “Existing Activities” drop-down.
- Select "External Learning Tools" in the drop-down.
- Select the “BryteWave Course Materials” Tool from the list of Tools. If this Tool is not present, please contact the Administrator to ensure the Tool is assigned to this course.
- Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.