Adding the Tool within a Course
The Tool can be added to each course by the LMS Administrator or by a faculty member. Check with your LMS Administrator to determine whether you have a 1.0, 1.1, or 1.3 tool, and then follow the appropriate set of instructions below in order to add the Tool.
Adding the LTI 1.3 tool: Brightspace/D2L
- Navigate to the course which will contain the LTI Tool.
- In the course menu, select “Content”.
- Select a module into which the Tool will be placed. If no such module exists, please create a module called “BryteWave Course Materials” into which to place the Tool.
- Select the “Existing Activities” drop-down.
- Select "External Learning Tools" in the drop-down.
- Select the “BryteWave Course Materials” Tool from the list of Tools. If this Tool is not present, please contact the Administrator to ensure the Tool is assigned to this course.
Adding the LTI 1.0 or 1.1 tool: Brightspace/D2L
Here are step-by-step instructions to add the RedShelf LTI 1.0-1.1 tool to a course shell in Brightspace / D2L.
- Sign into Brightspace / D2L
- Select your course from the drop-down menu in the top-level toolbar
- Click 'Content' in the upper-left corner
- Click 'Add a new module'
- Add a module name
- Click 'Enter'
- Click 'Existing Activities'
- Select 'External Learning Tools'
- Select the 'Brytewave Course Materials' LTI link
- To check your work, select 'View as Student' in the upper-right corner
- Click 'Content'
- View the module you just created on the left-hand side
- Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.