Adding the tool within your course:
- Sign in to Brightspace and select your course
- Navigate to your course content
- Create a module or select the existing module where the eBook should be tied, and select “Add an Existing Activity”
- Select “External Learning Tools”
- Select the Brightwave/RedShelf tool. If the Brytewave/RedShelf tool is not present, the faculty should contact the Admin to ensure it is assigned to that course.
- Making Sure the Tool Opens In a New Window- In the Course Materials section, find the RedShelf external LTI, click the down arrow, and select Edit Properties In-place
- A flag for Open as External Resource will now be visible. Check this flag. The setting should save automatically, and now the RedShelf platform will open in a new tab or window, allowing for a consistent single sign-on experience
- Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.