Adding the Tool within a Course
The Tool can be added to each course by the LMS Administrator or by a faculty member. Check with your LMS Administrator to determine whether you have a 1.0, 1.1, or 1.3 tool, and then follow the appropriate set of instructions below in order to add the Tool.
Adding the LTI 1.3 tool: Blackboard
- Navigate to the course which will contain the LTI Tool.
- Select “Content” on the left-hand navigation bar.
- Select “Build Content” on the top course navigation bar.
- Select “BryteWave Course Materials” from the drop-down.
- Enter “BryteWave Course Materials” into the “Name” box.
- Set “Enable Evaluation” to No and “Permit Users to View this Content" to Yes.
- Select "Submit".
Adding the LTI 1.0 or 1.1 tool: Blackboard
Here are step-by-step instructions to add the RedShelf LTI 1.0-1.1 tool to a course shell in Blackboard.
- Login to Blackboard
- Select your class on the left-hand side
- Select 'Start Here'
- Go to the tools drop down, click 'More Tools'
- Select 'Brytewave Course Materials'
- Add a name to the link
- Select 'Yes' for Available Status
- Enter date restrictions, if applicable
- Click 'Submit'
- Scroll down to view the link you just installed
- Click 'Enter Student Preview' in upper-right corner to see the student view
- Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.