First, a generic External Tool must be added to the course. Once the tool has been added, we will configure it as the Brytewave/RedShelf LTI tool.
To add an External Tool to the course:
- Navigate to the course you want to add the tool. On the left-hand menu, select "Site Info"
- On the "Site Info" page, select "Manage Tools" along the top navigation bar. This will open the "Project Site Tools" page.
- On the "Project Site Tools" page, find the checkbox for "External Tool" and select the checkbox.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and select "Continue". This will open the "Customize tool instances" page.
- On the "Customize tool instances" page, you can now enter the name of the external tool. This is the name students will see when trying to navigate to the tool.
- Select "Continue". This will open up a summary page confirming the site edits. The only change should be the 'BryteWave Course Materials' tool, and it should be highlighted in red to show that it is being added.
- Select "Finish" to add the external tool to the course.
- Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.