1. Log into Blackboard and navigate to your course
2. Typically, the BryteWave Course Materials tool is located under 'Content’ on the left side navigation. Then click 'BryteWave Course Materials'. If it’s not under this section, please ask your professor where it’s located.
3. You then will be taken to the Brytewave 'My Shelf' page. Click on the title you're looking to access or 'View Details' to see the details of the product.
4. From here, locate your eBook and click the 'Read Now' button and you will launch into your ebook in a new window.
5. For materials under 'Available to Buy', these are materials available for your course that still need to be purchased. First click on the material you choose.
6. After clicking on the material, click 'Buy Now'.
7. You then will be prompted to 'Go To My Store' which will direct you to your campus bookstore to proceed with your purchase.
Why do I see a Redeem your RedShelf Access Code? This option is available to users who purchase their materials at the bookstore where they receive a code on their receipt. If you did purchase from your store and have a code on your receipt, follow these steps.
I signed into my account but my shelf is empty and ask for an access code what do I do?
The Redeem access code is available to users who purchase their materials at the bookstore where they receive a code on their receipt. If you did purchase from your store and have a code on your receipt, follow these steps.
If you believe you should have access to your books but your shelf is empty contact your bookstore. Provide specific details as outlined below to help resolve your issue:
- On the Brytewave.redshelf.com site or from the LMS verify the email address that the student is logged into on Brytewave. (Select their name in upper right corner and select ‘My Accounts’
- Attach or inserts a screenshot of the "stopping point" you hit when you are trying to access your Brytewave/RedShelf eBook.
- The device you are using when you are experiencing this access to your eBook issue.
- Examples of Devices:
- Windows Desktop/Laptop
- Mac Desktop/Laptop
- The browser you are using when you are experiencing this access to your eBook issue.
- Examples of Browsers:
- Safari (iPhone, iPad, Mac)
- Internet Explorer
- Google Chrome
I’m taken to a login page instead of My Shelf, what do I do?
- Try to enable your cookies, follow these steps.
- Try another browser, we recommend Chrome.
- Try to log in with your .edu email address and reset your password.
- Try to refresh your page, sometimes it gets stuck and won't log you in automatically.