For a visual walk-through of our flashcard features, visit our tutorial page.
Flashcards are a great way to personalize your studying experience.
Making a flashcard follows the same process as highlighting.
To create a flashcard:
- Click and drag your cursor over the text to highlight it.
- Select flashcard from the pop-up.
- You can add flashcards to a deck by selecting a deck from the drop-down menu within the task box.
- The front side of the card includes your highlighted text.
- Type in a note for back side and select Save Flashcard.
You may also notice that after you highlight a word, RedShelf offers a definition. You can create a flashcard from it. If you want to use our definition, click the blue Create Flashcard button near the bottom of the text box.
Once you’ve created your flashcards, our eReader lets you organize them in different ways.
To view your flashcards:
- Select the Sidebar Menu icon (four horizontal bars) and select Flashcards.
- Select either Study by Chapter or Study by Deck. Flashcards are organized by eBook sections or by the decks you’ve created.
- Select the flashcard groups you’d like included in this study session and click Study Flashcards.
- The interface displays the front side of the flashcard. To view the back side text, select any part of the card to flip it over.
- To go back to the front side, select anywhere on the card.
- To cycle through your flashcards, select the left and right arrows.
You can also check your own understanding of your flashcards. To do so, select the colored icons in the bottom left of the backside of the flashcard. The icons stand for different levels of confidence. Green is for high confidence. Yellow is for moderate confidence, and red is for low confidence.
On the left hand side of your screen, you can view all of your flashcards in the study session. These function in the same manner as the flashcards in the center of your screen.
If you want to revisit the section of the eBook your flashcard references, select the arrow in the bottom right of the flashcard.
To edit or delete a flashcard in the sidebar menu, select the three gray dots on the bottom left hand corner of the flashcard.
You can further filter your study session by hiding cards, shuffling cards, and sorting cards by confidence level. Check the desired Filters after you navigate to the Flashcards menu to filter them.
If you have any troubles with this process, please let us know!