Adding the Tool within a Course
The Tool can be added to each course by the LMS Administrator or by a faculty member. Check with your LMS Administrator to determine whether you have a 1.0, 1.1, or 1.3 tool, and then follow the appropriate set of instructions below in order to add the Tool.
Adding the LTI 1.3 tool: Canvas
- On the left-hand menu, select “Courses”. Then select the course which will contain the LTI tool.
- In the course menu, select “Modules”.
- Select the “+” button next to the module which will contain the BryteWave Course Materials tool.
- Select "External Tool" in the drop-down at the top of the pop-up.
- Select the “BryteWave Course Materials” Tool.
- Select “RedShelf ‘My Courses’”, then rename the link to “BryteWave Course Materials” in the Link Name box.
- Select “Create Link”.
- Check the box for "Load in a new tab".
- Select “Add Item” to finish adding the LTI tool to the module.
Adding the LTI 1.0 or 1.1 tool: Canvas
Here are step-by-step instructions to add the RedShelf LTI 1.0-1.1 tool to a course shell in Canvas.
- Login to Canvas
- On the left-hand menu, select 'Courses'
- Select the course to which you will add the tool
- Select 'Modules' in the course menu
- Expand the '+' menu next to the module
- Select 'External Tool'
- Choose the 'Brytewave Course Materials' tool
- Select 'Publish'
- Green check marks next to the Module and RedShelf LTI tool indicate that setup is complete
Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.