Adding the Tool within a Course
The tool can be added to each course by the LMS Administrator or by a faculty member. Follow the below instructions to add the tool.
- On the left-hand menu, select “Courses.” Then select the course which will contain the LTI tool.
- In the course menu, select “Modules”
- Select the “+” button next to the module which will contain the Brytewave/RedShelf LTI tool
- Select "External Tool"
- Choose the Brytewave/RedShelf LTI tool, in this example labeled “Brytewave/RedShelf eBooks.” This should automatically populate the URL and the name. The URL should be https://brytewave.redshelf.com/lti/basic_launch/.
- Check the box for "load in a new tab"
- Select “Add Item” to finish adding the LTI tool to the module.
- Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.