Adding a link to the Brytewave/RedShelf tool to a course:
- Select the desired course and select “Turn editing on” in the upper right-hand corner
- Click the "+ Add an activity or resource” link in the topic you wish to add the tool to
- Select “External Tool” and click “Add”
- Fill out the following fields:
Activity Name: This is the name of the tool which the students will see on the course
Preconfigured Tool: This is where you will select the Brytewave/RedShelf tool created in the previous step
- Once the tool has been selected, all of the other relevant fields will be filled out automatically and editing of them will be locked. This ensures that each implementation of the tool on each individual course is consistent.
- At the bottom of the page, select "Save and return to course"
- Due to restrictions on how the LTI tool works, you might not have the option to impersonate a student experience. The professor and student experience are exactly the same. If you try to open this LTI tool and you receive an error or the book isn't on your shelf, there is a chance it hasn't been provisioned to you. Please work with your campus store to help get a copy of the book. The bookstore will also coordinate the provisioning of your eBook for your students.